Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Svelte Me

I may not meet the exact definition of svelte ... yet ... or perhaps ever ... but it makes a nice tag line.

"Svelte means slender. It's used to describe people, not things, and it implies a certain elegance. You might say that a middle-aged woman who had kept a svelte figure could still pass for a sixteen-year-old girl."

I loved it when Oldest Son asked me on the phone Monday night "Do you feel different?" That is really the perfect question, isn't it? No, I do not feel different. I am the same me just without breasts.

I do, however, have a new normal to adjust to over the next few months. Right now there are still unknowns.  My journey in my new body began Monday afternoon. I will take each day, each week and each month until living breast free is part of my being.

I have made choices to reduce procedures, side effects, complications and cancer re-occurrences. I am hoping these choices play out as intended.

----------------------
Day 3 Post-Surgery: I am home. I am mobile and doing arm exercises. I would say I am more sore than in pain.

Commuter Husband is doing great job helping with my drains. The left side has very little drainage but the right side is still producing quite a bit of fluid. I am heading to specialty store today to hopefully get a more comfortable camisole that will hold the drains. No showers or baths while I have these drains. That is a total ugh.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I am just catching up on your blog now. I am so sorry for what you are having to deal with. You are such a strong and courageous woman. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I am sure you made the right decision, and confident you will beat this thing!!

    Make sure to accept any and all the help you can get. This is time for you to take care of YOU.

    Again, I am keeping you close in my prayer and heart. I will make sure I check back often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Clear of cancer - final report this morning. Now I just need to complete healing and keep living :)

      Delete