Monday, April 28, 2014

Discomfort Zone

According to Wikipedia:
"The comfort zone is a behavioural state within which a person operates in an anxiety-neutral condition, using a limited set of behaviours to deliver a steady level of performance, usually without a sense of risk. A person's personality can be described by his or her comfort zones. A comfort zone is a type of mental conditioning that causes a person to create and operate mental boundaries."

Frequently, I choose to operate outside my comfort zone. It is part of my being.  Change is viewed as a positive that provides opportunity. I maneuver in a world of highs and lows. I suppose that means my mental boundaries are conditioned to flex at will.

I am currently operating in a discomfort zone. I am juggling work challenges,  my home is being remodeled and I am mothering a tweener and a teenager. These primary spaces in which I function are shifting and they will not look the same tomorrow or next week or the week after ...

The focus is day to day while I look for the colors and textures of that future state to reveal itself. I am not terribly spiritual or patient. However, I have learned that life must have leeway to evolve and control should be sacrificed in the right moments.

My low adjectives of the day are sad, disappointed and anxious juxtaposed with my high adjectives which are hopeful, expectant and curious.

A slightly adjusted truism is fitting: in with the new and out with the old ...
Cleaning out for the remodel means that toys are being given to our neighborhood children who will love and play with them. I kept The Rat, The Knight, The Jedi and The Lizard (which was found with a sword in its belly.) I think I kept them more for me than the boys. 
These old lunch boxes are in the garbage now - ragged and stained. These matching lunch boxes were packed and carried daily by Oldest Son and Youngest Son.

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting the things we want to hold onto. The memories that go with some items are priceless. Good luck with the remodel and decluttering!

    ReplyDelete