Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Commuter Family in Reverse

12 new Haggadahs, 2 white table cloths, 3 Seder plates and 6 bottles of wine ... we are ready. 
The routine is Commuter Husband travels from Houston to Dallas or is it Dallas to Houston?

We are in reverse this week for Spring Break. Oldest Son, Youngest Son and I traveled to Houston last Friday and we will be here until next Monday. We have lots packed into our 11 days in Houston ... work, play, friends and family.

Friday to Tuesday
The past weekend we shared an incredible country home in Cypress (outside Houston) with fun friends and from which we traveled to Oldest Son's State Quiz Bowl Tourney (2nd in State!) and celebrated Oldest Son's 13th Birthday and conducted our Passover Seder. The weekend included zip lines, go karts, basketball, horses and fresh eggs from the chicken coop!

March 23. Oldest Son. Cake carefully decorated by two younger 11 year olds.
Speedy Go Karts with horses in background. Enough said.
Farm Fresh!
Handmade place cards put kids on this end and adults on other ... traditional flip charts in sight.
Elijah on the road with us ... simple it is ...
The Obvious.
View from back porch ...

Tuesday to Wednesday
On Tuesday, we made the shift to the Energy Corridor in Houston proper and minutes from Commuter Husband's workplace. Home is now a Priceline Deal 4 Star Hotel. We had a dinner picnic at Commuter Husband's office break room on leftover Passover roast and gefilte fish. We met Commuter Husband's boss and boys were impressed with Daddy's office - as it should be.

Today, I worked remote while Oldest Son and Youngest Son crossed the sky walk to take in a double feature at the mall Cinema. Cheap childcare mixed with some kid independence. We had dinner at Kenny & Ziggy's Deli with Aunt and Uncle. We visited, shared scrumptious food and boys received generous birthday goodies!
Food for the week. Really. 
Commuter Husband and Youngest Son play poker before bed.
Commuter Husband brought me these at lunch ... definite benefits to being in Houston!

3 comments:

  1. Hi this is somewhat of off topic but I was
    wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to
    manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding skills so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    my web-site :: Air Max Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as
    I provide credit and sources back to your weblog?
    My website is in the exact same niche as yours and my users would genuinely
    benefit from some of the information you present here.
    Please let me know if this alright with you. Appreciate it!


    My web-site Abercrombie Fitch Belgique

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or advice. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it!

    Feel free to visit my weblog; Michael Kors

    ReplyDelete