Saturday, June 22, 2013

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Today I sat in Trafalgar Square listening to the cast of Spamalot sing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life." Bright indeed.

Our Commuter Family has taken logistics to a new level this month. Youngest Son is still vacationing in Turkey with Turkish Friends. Early last week he was at the Sapanca Gural Resort and now he is in Bodrum on the Aegean Coast. Tremendous gratitude to Turkish Mother for mothering a fourth child and for these fun photos of Youngest Son ...
Youngest Son at Sapanca Gural Resort - I want to go on that slide!

Youngest Son diving into the clear lovely waters of the blue Sea ...
I spent today in London. I started at the National Portrait Gallery with porridge in the roof top cafe. Then I listened four hours as my portable player told me all about the portraits and the associated British history from 1450 through 1750 - I totally enjoyed all 240 minutes of it! I admit that I am a certified history geek. After an afternoon pot of Earl Grey Tea and a scone, I spent the next three hours in Trafalgar square at West End Live. A local free show including performances from Dirty Dancing, Monty Python's Spamalot, A Chorus Line, Stomp, Rock of Ages and several more! And THEN I saw The Book of Mormon at Prince of Wales Theatre.  The Book of Mormon has to be one of the most entertaining, irreverent shows I have ever seen; l o v e d this show!
Porridge - eaten the English way while gazing over the rooftops of London.
View behind me at the West End Live event  in Trafalgar Square.
Friday evening I crossed the Thames on The Millennium Bridge to explore the Tate Modern. That is St. Paul's Cathedral in the back drop ...
And , the other half of Commuter Family ...

Oldest Son spent the first couple June weeks in Dallas finishing his baseball season. Another send out of huge appreciation to Running Family for housing, feeding and transporting an extra teenager and third boy child!

Now Commuter Husband and Oldest Son are spending two weeks in Houston. Oldest Son completed one great week of Rice Baseball Camp and will do a second week too. Apparently Commuter Husband and Oldest Son have been bonding over basketball playoffs and zombie movies! And then something about a transmission leak too ... well ... Always Look on the Bright Side of Life ...

No comments:

Post a Comment