|I get to wear these cute kinds of shirts now!|
I HAD breast cancer:
- DCIS - Ductal Carcinoma In Sutra
- Intermediate to High Grade
- Found in routine mammogram with follow up stereotactic biopsy
My treatment choices meant:
- No additional types of cancer found in the final pathology report so no oncologist and no chemotherapy
- No radiation and no tamoxifen (hormone drugs) because I chose a BMX (versus a lumpectomy)
- No more medical procedures or risk of additional infection because I chose no reconstruction
I am lucky, lucky, lucky for so many reasons.
I do have shoulder issues which I believe to be tied to the breast cancer surgeries. I have an orthopedic appointment this month. Oh well, that is life. It will not kill me.
I have fully and comfortably embraced my flat chest.
I enjoy the beautiful scarves - most of which were gifts from all the caring people in my life. However, the Texas heat is not always conducive to extra layers and I do not attempt to camouflage what is just not there either. Frankly, no bra totally works for me and I can wear certain shirts now that would have not have worked with my not-so-small breasts before BMX.
I have not completed genetic testing yet. That is hopefully the final chapter ...