Monday, October 28, 2013

Blackfish

Commuter Husband, Oldest Son, Youngest Son and I watched Blackfish on CNN last night.

Me: "You know we are never going to SeaWorld again."

Oldest Son: "Yeah, I kinda got that idea."

Through the years Commuter Husband and I have made small choices to demonstrate our views on the treatment of animals. While living in Mexico, we opted not to swim with the dolphins. We have stopped going to the circus. The boys know why we have made these choices because we told them when they were 6 and 8 years old. Now we will not go to SeaWorld again. Oldest Son was not surprised.

I did the research last night. I read many of the rebuttals from SeaWorld and official comments. Nothing in their published rhetoric changes my mind.

We are definitely not animal rights activists; I am much more passionate about other causes. However, we will continue to look for ways to respect all living things. Small steps, one person at a time because it is the right thing to do.

This is where they belong ...

No comments:

Post a Comment